The Year of Witness
Diocesan and parish efforts during 2015 and 2016 can have a special focus on initiatives that seek to
increase Christian witness and the support the bishops priority on the Life and Dignity of the Human Person:
- Communicating and engaging diocesan and parish leaders on effective communication messages to actively engage
Catholics in the Church's promotion of the life and dignity of the human person;
- Participating in the national convening in 2016 to engage and motivate a broad cross section of Catholics to
become active in promoting and supporting the Life and dignity of the Human Person;
- Strengthening and encouraging Catholic laity in their role as witnesses in the public square.
- Forming and training laity to understand and become engaged as evangelizers and witnesses to Christian faith;
- Strengthening the local relationship and communion between religious and the local ordinary through by
increasing the number of bishops who meet annually with religious;
- Increasing the encouragement youth and young adults receive from youth, campus and young adult ministers
to consider a vocation to priesthood or religious life.